Saturday, November 22, 2008

I just looked up Justin Wilson III, and found out he passed away on Sept. 5, 2001.
I am sorry he is gone, but his humor and liveliness while cooking on that PBS program endeared the man to me. Also to our son.
Our son is a good cook. Read that as 'very good'. He is not afraid to try new things, and I love him for his eccentricities in food. He even conned me out of my set of Graham Kerr cookbooks. (Well, conning isn't the right word. I finally gave in to his hints and gave them to him as a present.)
His coffee however, is another thing. If the spoon doesn't stand straight up and slowly sink as it is dissolving, it is not strong enough. But he has an esspresso machine now, and I love the decaf beans he forages around for me. I am the only one that drinks decaf and that he thinks to provide me with that is very special. Thanks Pete.

No comments:

Post a Comment