Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hubby at home

I love my husband.
I love my husband.
I love my husband.
But, there are days when he is home all day, and my normal routine and schedule gets disrupted.
I now know how wives feel when their husbands retire and say that they seem to be 'underfoot' all day.
This is hardly ever a problem, except when my mind is concentrating and in 'running mode' with the bib I really need to get stitching on. The baby isn't due until the time around the Thanksgiving holiday, but with my stitching speed, I find that I am not what is called a 'fast' stitcher.
I am constantly amazed at the speed and amount of projects that some of my stitching friends can accomplish.
When he is home I tend to stay in whichever room he is in. I feel guilty if I sit in the bedroom and stitch.
He did however, mention last night that if we go out for breakfast in the next town over, we could go to the German bakery in that town and load up on our favourite bread. Sounded like a marvelous idea.
So what happens when I know we are going to do something special the next day? I can't sleep. He is up and ready to go at 8. I have finally gotten to sleep at 5.
Did I mention that I am rather grumpy when I first get up. He is so cheerful, it stinks!
That started the day. The breakfast was marvelous, they cooked the veggies before they filled my omelet, just the way I like them.
After we got home, I started a load of bleach laundry.
In between checking on him as he watched his Judge shows in the bedroom, two loads were all I got done.
It is amazing at the mentality of the people on the many 'judge' shows.
I finally gave up, sat and asked him if he minded if I stitched a bit. Still felt guilty about it, but he said he didn't mind. I did manage to pull out some floss as I wasn't fond of the way the accent color was going in this large weave. In total, I think I got around 1/2 hour of stitching, let me rephrase that, ripping out floss.
He has sales tomorrow.
I will get a lot more done and will feed myself.
I love my husband.
I love my husband.
I love my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment