Monday, February 1, 2010

I clicked on the Grammys last night briefly to see Taylor Swift receive one of the Grammys, and then Beyonce came on with her military-style take on a song.
I watched and saw her grab her crotch.
We tell our little ones that no one is supposed to touch them there, but it evidently doesn't equate to 'touching yourself' there in public.
As far as I know, only toddlers, and young children up to the age of 6 do that when they have to 'go'.
I lost any respect I had for the young woman at that 'gesture'.
When did it become acceptable for performers to grab their crotches?
Oh, yes, Michael Jackson started it.
Well, I guess that explains it.
The fallen 'hero' started it. That makes it acceptable.
Sorry, not in my book.
It is still a private area that should be kept and honored that way.
How can we tell our youngsters that this practice is such a second-hand way to grab unwanted and negative attention, and no pun intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment